Learn to spot the small problems before they become major liability risks. Whether you're an independent trainer, employee, or manager of a large facility, this overview of legal issues affecting the fitness industry will heighten your awareness and sharpen your risk-management skills so you can spend more time working with clients and growing your business, and less time putting out fires.
By Tricia Schafer, JD
- Identify all sources of electronic data in your business.
- Develop procedures for storing and maintaining hard copy data and records.
- List all protected classes under federal law for discrimination and harassment claims.
- Differentiate issues that can be resolved internally from those that should be resolved by consulting a lawyer.
- Formulate a risk-avoidance plan based upon the location, clientele, purpose and staffing at your business.
- List the preliminary questions you should ask when consulting a lawyer.
|Avoiding Legal Pitfalls: Growing Your Business and Reducing Liability Exposure - CEC Course ||Module||(Required)|