There has been a recent surge in people turning to a vegetarian diet, for both ethical and health reasons. Though this type of diet is ideally optimal in terms of nutrition, it can also fall short of certain nutrients if not approached methodically. This course will delineate how to assure a complete vegetarian diet and describe effective ways to counsel your clients to go "veg" or stay "veg" the right way.
By Julieanna Hever, MS, RD
- Identify different subtypes of veg diets.
- Define the relationship between diet and its environmental, health and humanity-based implications.
- Delineate a healthy veg diet.
- Substantiate reasons more people are going veg.
- Explore methods of counseling veg clients or those who want to go veg.
- Elaborate on current research regarding the health benefits of going veg.
|Going Veg - CEC Course ||Module|