Are you reaching out to one of the biggest populations seeking the help of fitness professionals today: women between the ages of 40 and 60? Many of them are experiencing perimenopausal or postmenopausal symptoms such as mood changes, weight gain and a decrease in energy levels. Learn the causes for these symptoms and how they affect the exercise prescription.
By Hayley Hollander
- Identify and describe the population that is going through menopause.
- List the characteristics/symptoms of menopause.
- Detail the natural hormonal menses cycle and differentiate what is occurring in menopause.
- Explain the hormonal response of exercise that occurs during steady state exercise versus altered intermittent bouts.
- Explain the correlation between heart rate intensity, VO2 max and hormonal response that is important to know when training the peri and postmenopausal female.
- Program an effective workout for the peri- and postmenopausal female.
|Smart Programming for the Peri- and Postmenopausal Woman ||Module|