As more and more research sheds light on tissue dynamics, we are becoming more aware of the role and behaviors of fascia (fibrous connective tissue matrix) and its importance in movement function. What is less clear, however, are guidelines around how to train and influence adaptation through this all important structure. This session is geared toward elucidating the research and clarifying the organization of program design around fascia, and then putting tangible exercises in place in a systematic way.
- Outline and define fascia in the context of physical fitness training and explain its importance to overall function and health.
- Define clear guidelines around training fascia to influence adaptations in the tissue matrix.
- Explain how to organize programming into a structured and systematic approach.
- Explain the myriad exercises and strategies that specifically address fascial fitness.
- Define connective tissue and its role in stability.
- Explain how connective tissue remodels.
|Training Fascia—Research Developments in Fibrous Connective Tissue Training ||Module|